Gold Coaster Luke Styke’s transformation from premier-class motocrosser to off-road sensation took another huge stride forward after he claimed an ultra- impressive victory in the E1 class. Styke, competing in his first four-day event, showed real poise and skill as he navigated his way through four days and looked more like an experienced campaigner than a first-timer.
Styke overcame hot and extremely dusty conditions, as well as some spirited riding by his rivals, to take the E1 win by over a minute from Fraser Higlett to finish a very respectable fourth outright.
“When I talk to the off-road guys, they say the four day is a great event and a really prestigious one to win so it means a lot to me and the work we have done as a team. It’s been a really hard event as it presents so many challenges over the week and it really is a team effort to get it done.
Brisbane teenager Higlett’s effort in finishing second in class and seventh outright belied how fast he really was, winning his class and running in the top three outright in a large number of the special tests.
In the E3 category, Queensland team rider Lachlan Stanford finished second in class, behind an untouchable Daniel Milner, while his state team mate Kane Hall rounded out the top five.
Gympie ace Jemma Wilson was runner-up in the Womens category, behind Jess Gardiner, and ahead of Emelie Karlsson, while James Deakin finished second to Brad Williscroft in the Masters class.
Final A4DE Provisional Results
1. Daniel Milner - 2:00:48.454
2. Lachlan Stanford - 2:06:01.626
3. Broc Grabham - 2:07:39.257
4. Tom Mason - 2:09:46.354
5. Kane Hall - 2:10:23.467
1. Daniel Sanders – 2:01:57.804
2. Josh Green – 2:04.50.584
3. Wil Ruprecht - 2:06:19.332
4. Chris Hollis – 2:08:33.635
5. Stefan Granquist – 2:08.33.800
1. Luke Styke - 2:05:14.483
2. Fraser Higlett - 2:06:34.727
3. Michael Driscoll - 2:07:03.881
4. Jack Simpson - 2:08:45.344
5. Jeremy Carpentier - 2:08:45.344
1. Jessica Gardiner - 2:24:26.590
2. Jemma Wilson – 2:25:09.940
3. Emelie Karlsson – 2:28:19.036
4. Sophie Coldicutt – 2:38:06.577
5. Courtney Rubie – 3:13:49.368
1. Brad Williscroft – 2:17:14.929
2. James Deakin – 2:25:34.988
3. Sean Clarke – 2:28:48.730
4. Matt Dymock – 2:32:10.052
5. John Baker – 2:34:42.680
Styke, Stanford, Wilson Pics: John Pearson